Nominees can come from any marketing discipline—they can be CMOs or Marketing Directors, work in advertising or branding or research agencies, or be academics, journalists, or other marketing experts. In keeping with the spirit of marketing, the awards will be contemporary. The awards are reserved for current marketing practitioners. They must have been in the profession at least ten years. The initial focus will be on North America, but nominations will be accepted globally.
Achievements that will be recognized will Include:
- Marketing that works: Innovations that have had dramatic impact on business results, e.g. dramatically grow sales
- Raising marketing’s profile: Increasing the influence of marketing, e.g. getting a seat on the board, expanding marketing’s remit to include innovation and growth strategy
- New marketing tools and approaches: e.g. pioneers of social media, inventors of new forms of marketing research/measurement
- Innovation in developing other marketers: both current and the next generations of marketers
- Anyone may nominate a marketer to the Marketing Hall of Fame. You do not have to be a member of the AMA.
- An official nominations form can be completed online – click here
- Either on the form, or separately, please provide a description of the outstanding contributions the nominee has made to marketing as outlined above
- Supporting recommendation letters are encouraged
NOMINATIONS DEADLINE : August 30th, 2013
Please complete the nomination form found here and submit any additional supporting documentation to Mandy McMaster at NYAMA, email@example.com, 116 E. 27th Street, Suite 601, New York, NY 10016, Attn: Nomination.
VOTING PROCESS AND TIMELINE
The Marketing Hall of Fame sub-committee of the NYAMA will go through all nominations and select a short list of approximately 25 candidates. A voting body comprised of 500 marketing experts will be selected from major agencies, academia and Fortune 500 companies to cast ballots. Then a final Selection Committee will review the votes to insure proper representation from all corners of the marketing industry. This final committee will be comprised of some members of the NYAMA Board, leading publications and sister trade associations.
Marketing Hall of Fame recipients will be notified in March.
An event celebrating the inductees will be held on May 28, 2014 at JWT Headquarters.