The Marketing Hall of Fame is the only award which recognizes individual marketers (not companies or campaigns) who have made outstanding contributions to the field of marketing. Individuals are eligible be they:
- Corporate CMOs or VPs of Marketing
- Agency marketers: advertising, branding, research etc.
- Or, academics, journalists, and other marketing experts
Nominees must have been in the marketing profession for at least 10 years and be a current marketing practitioner. Our primary focus is on, but not limited to, the U.S.
An open call for nominations is made annually in the fall. At the conclusion of the nomination period, submissions are evaluated against 4 criteria:
Marketing That Works
- Innovations that have had dramatic impact on business results, e.g. dramatically grow sales
Raising marketing’s profile
- Increasing the influence of marketing, e.g. getting a seat on the board, expanding marketing’s remit to include innovation and growth strategy
New marketing tools and approaches
- Pioneers of social media, inventors of new forms of marketing research/measurement
Developing other marketers
- Both current and the next generation of marketers through education, inspiration, and specialist programs
Using these guidelines, AMA New York’s Marketing Hall of Fame Committee is able to select a shortlist of semi-finalists.
Round One Voting
After semi-finalists have been selected, the Marketing Hall of Fame Academy casts ballots to determine the 12 finalists. The academy is a voting body of senior marketing professionals invited by the AMA New York Board of Directors from the corporate, agency, academic and research worlds. For more information about the academy, visit here.
Round Two Voting
Once a Marketing Hall of Fame Induction Nominee has reached this stage, they have gone through two rounds of evaluation. In this final round, a judging panel made up of an elite group of marketing thought leaders, executives, review and vote on the finalists.
Once nominees have been selected, an announcement is made public the winter.
Save The Date: The 2018 Induction Ceremony will take place on May 16, 2018, at R/GA’s Headquarters at 450 West 33rd Street.
Potential to have awards for different areas of marketing, including:
- Advertising, branding, market research, analytics, direct marketing, social media, cause marketing, etc.